Sunday 17 April 2011

Lazy Sunday

 We had a lovely time at Zoe's hen do last night: we all had our nails done, something which I never do!  They look fantastic.
We had a very late night and walked home about midnight, it was a lovely night.  Consequently we are tired people today, so have had a lazy day.



I started these last summer.  I saw the pattern in the very 1st quilt magazine I bought , 10 years ago and have been wanting to make something like it since then.  I finally sorted out all my bright colours and made a start last year
  



so, feeling a little jaded, I sat out in the sunshine today and sewed some more blocks.  I have about 10 left to do and then I will start adding some sashing and making it up.  I always like to have some kind of hand sewing or applique to have to hand


And, because I can't bear not to have used the sewing machine on a weekend, I whizzed these up as well, the top is a coaster to use up some bits and pieces and then I made another fabric basket -  I really like these and will definately make some more!


Four days at work this week, and then four days off - can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message