Sunday 18 September 2011

Getting on with it

I feel as if I have done a weeks worth of sewing today, having caught up on a few things:

I love this!  It took me forever, and there was a bit of unpicking, but I got there.  This is week 9 of  Sheilas mystery QAL.  Now, I have to own up to not having completed week 8 yet, but I have made a start:

There are seven 6" blocks to sew here.  I have deviated from the pattern as I could not paper piece 7 little blocks, so I decided on these, which I may hand stitch tonight whilst watching Downton Abbey (can't wait!).

This was the chaos that was my kitchen



Yes, I am aware that it looks as if I have been burgaled.  It is back to being nice and tidy now though!





And lastly I did these for Judiths Bee Blessed

I have never done wonky stars before - they were so easy!  These two together took about 20 mins.  I will get them in the post to you sometime this week Judith.

Now I had better sort out some tea!

5 comments:

  1. So impressed with your blocks and particularly the first! I have to do my wonky stars for Judith and I`ve never done them before but I`ll have a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cath I love the wonky stars - they're so cute! Thanks so much. And your mystery star is wonderfully pointy - well done. Off to watch DA too! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mystery quilt star is a beauty! All those points... well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Catherine, was so excited when I saw the thumbnail of the Mariner's Compass - it is an absolute beauty, well done.
    Wonky stars are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Mariner's Compass. You did such a brilliant job! All the blocks are wonderful but that one is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message