Saturday 13 April 2013

Bee'ing productive

Today has been about catching up on Bee blocks.  This block is for Di, who is queen bee for Be a Brit Stingy this month.  I have never come across this block before and it was very easy to make 

and Karen is our queen bee in Hipbees this month and asked us to do this whirligig block, which again was nice and easy to do (makes me feel bad about getting everyone to do the Lynnebobsquarepants when it was my turn!!)


I have also cut 112 charm squares for Cindys rainbow charm swap.  Imagine my surprise when I discovered I had ordered 3 yards of this fabric and not two :-).  I got this in the $6 sale at pink castle, along with a yard of something else.  With postage included it works out about £5.60 a yard


This time of year is manic for us at work, year end and all.  We are either dashing between schools or manning the helpdesk in the office.  Someone, somewhere decided it would be a REALLY good time to move offices - but we were ABSOLUTELY guaranteed that everything would be in working order in the office on Monday morning ........


........ errrr, are you sure!!  No P.c's and no phones.  Got to love working for local government!!

11 comments:

  1. Ooh I love your blocks. And yes, you should feel bad about LBSP! It's my turn next month so I am currently scouring resources for a block with 62 HSTs!! Mwahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blocks are lovely and thank you for mine one. Are you making me two? Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blocks for Di (and I hate to mention it but the bees are making four sprout blocks for her...) and Karen - that whirligig block is lovely! Your charm swap fabric is fabulous, thank goodness you accidentally got extra ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your fabric choice for the charm swap. Will be happy to see those in my bundle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous blocks and such a great choice of fabric for the swap!
    Does that mean you get to go home if it's not done?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice blocks and fabric - I not even going to cross my fingers for you on Monday - we both know you are destined for a nightmare morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely blocks! Working in local government too I sympathise with the office moves and IT issues!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blocks C! Hope you find everything on Monday! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the blocks and the pink fabric is soo pretty. Eer good luck at work on Monday !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message