Wednesday 29 May 2013

Not FALs

I got two finishes under my belt today, one of which has been hanging around for a very long time, and neither of which are on my FAL list!

 
String cushion all finished
 

and this one, for the hospice ladies.  I finished the top ages ago, but have just not got round to quilting it.  I decided to give circles a go and it has come out really well.  The material, silky, fraying stuff was a donation, hence the odd choice of colours!

Yesterday we went to Tunbridge Wells, which I am sure is a lovely place out of the monsoon season.  I can't believe how much it rained! Today I took Beccy shopping (you will all know how much I love doing this....NOT) - for prom shoes:


Gorgeous shoes, but I wouldn't be able to stand in them for 30 seconds!!!  I should point out, that these were the first pair she picked up and tried on!  Not sure I have ever had such a short successful shopping trip

13 comments:

  1. YAY, for your finishes! Glad you said you couldn't stand in them, I know I couldn't either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finishes! Yay for prom shoes, been and done that, and have equally ridiculous shoes requiring scaffolding for standing! Yesterday we did matching sparkly clutch bag shopping. Glad it's almost over now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the string pillow. Those shoes look lethal - I would be rooted to the spot. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the string pillow and the shoes - I'd give them a go. The platform bit on the front means the heel isn't as high as it looks. Honestly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finishes! It's so annoying when it's not on the list, isn't it?!
    Good choice Beccy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on the finishes - the string cushion is lovely. Love high heels but can't wear them here - the walking surfaces are treacherous enough already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the finishes! And amazing shoes... Would last 5 minutes in them - y are driving her there and back right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tunbridge Wells is lovely, honest!
    World record shoe shopping - well done xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope I have your shopping success on Saturday! Great finishes C! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I only seem to finish things that are not on my list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message