Saturday 1 June 2013

May Bee June will be better

And there goes another month!!  A month where I was queen bee in Bee a Brit Stingy: the blocks are nearly all in now and I am really excited to get my quilt together.

I feel like I have got quite a few finishes under my belt this month, although, as I said in a previous post, none are FAL finishes!  This is probably due to the miserable weather we have been having!

My biggest finishes were this project that I did for Lynne from Abakhan fabrics

 
and a lemon and lime one that I did, as my prototype.  I am still waiting for the weather to kick in so that these can be used.  It has to get better soon doesn't it?
 

Two cushions finished off.  The string one on the left was done very quickly, whereas the right has taken a long time to finish: that one is for the hospice ladies, with their donated fabric

 
 


A quick Union Jack - to hide three massive drill holes in the kitchen wall


 A Liberty pouch for a friends birthday

 And finally,  Sarah's bee block - there were a LOT of HST's in this one!

14 comments:

  1. I love the lemon and lime tablecloth, hope summer arrives so you can use it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't the months fly!! So much to do....
    Lovely projects

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did achieve a lot! And hasn't June crept up to surprise us! I think you did Ok for May!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have done a lot in May. I love the thought of making a mini to hide holes! It is such a mad thing to do (in a good way). Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Sarah's bee block. I've used Summerville on a couple of this month's projects too

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the 'donated hospice fabrics' disclaimer! You had a great month I reckon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great month of makes love the Abakhan project and your union jack!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant month of makes you've had! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely a great month - love the Liberty pouch! Hope you get some sun soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have beautiful makes here even if they weren't on your FAL list. A great month :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. all so pretty. I especially love the Liberty pouch :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that Bee Block, and the outdoor table cover is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message