Monday 5 August 2013

Summer

In the three weeks since the FQR I seem to have done a minimal amount of sewing-I think this has been due to the heat and a certain amount of gallivanting!
Last week though, I managed to turn a block from Lynne's precision piecing class in to this cushion:


And, because it's now August, I have started on a bit of Christmas sewing!!

 I am very aware of all that I listed in my Q3 FAL list - and that I haven't started any of it yet!!
But we I have been doing plenty of this with my brother and his family this weekend (Beccy does have some shorts on under her jumper!)

 

9 comments:

  1. What a good idea to turn the block you did in Lynne's class into a cushion! As for Christmas sewing not done any of that but have been thinking about it and even bought some stocking fillers at the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh blimey Christmas sewing *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what summers are fore ; ) Lots of family time outside

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think everyone had a busy July! Love the cushion :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe I was meant to have a Christmas quilt made by the end of July - ho hum.
    Can't beat a bit of outside time.
    Love the cushion xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, the 'C' word? EEEK! Cushion looks fab though ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep the family stuff as the priority- the sewing can wait;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cannot BELIEVE you mentioned that word! Great cushion and FAL lists will be there when the rain comes again - enjoy some family time and some sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christmas in August?? What mammafairy said :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message