Sunday 15 September 2013

FAL Finish (at last)

I was beginning to panic that I wasn't going to have a finish this quarter.  Although this is the 2nd quilt I have finished within a week (oh yes!), it is my only F.A.L finish this quarter.

So, here is my Pineapple blossom quilt, made with the help of my fabulous Bee a Brit Stingy ladies - the photo isn't brilliant as its absolutely p'ing down outside!


I LOVE this quilt!  The blocks were so easy to make and the pattern came from Quiltville.  In Bee a Brit Stingy bee we makesblocks from our own scraps, so I have scraps.  I hope everyone who contributed can see their blocks


 I did have a bit of a wobble about how to quilt this.  I couldn't decide whether to hand quilt or machine and I am really happy with what I went with: thanks to a lot of help from my friends on IG!!

And in true Bee a Brit Stingy form, I found some fabric from 20 years ago to use for the binding (I know it was 20 years ago, as I made a maternity dress from the fabric!).

The quilt measures about 75 x 75 and will be used for lots of snuggling

 
And finally, check out this naughty kitten
 

 ...climbing up the curtains!! I went over to see Jenny yesterday and they were both climbing up them, poor Jenny had to get up every 5 seconds to remove them (But they are soooo cute!)

13 comments:

  1. The quilt looks fantastic. It was such a lovely satisfying block to make and yet looks so effective. What a naughty kitten - so cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful quilt! I'm not good at visualising what blocks will look like as a quilt and this is a total case in point. They look SO good all together.

    P.S. Naughty but adorable kitty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out so pretty! I love these blocks and may just need to make one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt - looks so brilliant, maternity binding 'n all!
    (I shall file the kittens' shenanigans in my 'reasons to keep resisting the kids' pleas for a pet' pile!) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how it turned out. I loved making the blocks too. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt looks grate! I remember visiting a friend with a newish kitten once where I had to sleep on an air mattress in the living room, which also happened to be its bedroom. It's favourite trick was to sprint across the room, run all the way up the curtains and balance on the rail at the top until it fell off, then it would do it all again o.O

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant scrappy quilt. I really love how this pattern works when the blocks combine. Enjoy snuggling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This quilt looks wonderful and that is a very cute kitten!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the quilt is amazing looking!!! love the cheeky look on kitty's face! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this quilt, it is really a lovely scrappy version of this block. And your quilting is a lovely choice for it. I bet you are glad the kittens have moved out of your house.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That pineapple blossom quilt does look lovely!
    Remind me I never wanted a kitten! I wonder why..Cute, though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The quilt is amazing. Love the colours and the white blocks. Very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Catherine the quilt looks amazing!! I love that you used the same fabric as your maternity dress too, so special. The kitten doesn't even look real at that funny angle, aren't they mad?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message